Monday, November 14, 2011

Just One Page

As I continued to investigate the 2 page issue , I asked myself "what do I want from a Facebook page".
The answer became very clear,it was to be used as a way to get our message out there without a cost and not consume all my waking hours!!!
Maintaining the 2 pages was not easy as they both work differently .
One important feature the "like" page has is "Insights" this gives you all the data on who is visiting your page.Very useful as you can start to see what posts are looked at more than others and what gets people talking about you.
So I decided to close the page that was in risk of someone else closing it ,I spent a week asking all the "friends" to go over and like us.They would still receive all the posts made to the "like" page.
About 70% did this and I am not sure why the other 30% didn't make the switch.


I also made this decision around privacy,people who "like" your page  can not be seen by anyone other than the administrator.


While you get a "vanity" URL , a "like" page cant be searched for in the same way that you look for friends,so you rely on your "likers" to do this for you.

 www.facebook.com/LakesEntranceNHouse

No comments:

Post a Comment